Bucks County SPCA 12thAnnual Black Cat 5k and 1 Mile Fun Walk
Team: Mobile Minis Rescues for Rescues
Our Mobile Minis’ miniature horse, Blue was a rescue from the SPCA. Ranger and Sheriff were rescues from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department. All of our minis were either rescues or donated to our program. There are so many animals at shelters that need our help! If you cannot adopt, here is another way to help the SPCA in their rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming their rescues!
Our “black cats” (miniature horses) will be walking to help support the SPCA on 10/24 1:00-3:30 p.m. at our barn. You can help support the SPCA in the following ways:
100% of the donations goes to the SPCA!
· Donate online at: https://runsignup.com/mobileminis4spca or mail a check made payable to Bucks County SPCA, P. O. Box 277 Lahaska, PA 18931. Or, if you want to create your own team, fundraise, walk or run you can do so at: https://runsignup.com/Race/PA/Anytown/BlackCat5k.
If you are local and want to help us walk our "black cats" on 10/24 between 1-3:30 p.m. at 96 Willowbrook Drive in Doylestown, sign up in advance here by filling out the "Visit Request" and the "Liability Waiver". If you don't make your donation online prior to the 24th, you can bring it with you to the barn. Please request your start time in a 15 minute increment. For example 1:00 or 1:15 p.m. through 3:15 p.m. Space is limited and by appointment only. No drop-in's please. I will confirm your requested time via email. Also please include the number of walkers so we know how many minis to reserve for your time slot. We are already started sign up's so act fast!
What to expect at the Mobile Minis barn:
* Each person will be able to walk their “black cat” (miniature horse) 1-2 times around the obstacle course in the pasture. You may also have a picture taken with your cell or camera with your favorite “black cat” in our photo booth.
* Everyone must wear a mask, participate in social distancing and sanitize hands upon arrival.
* Please bring your donation made payable to the Bucks County SPCA if you have not already done so.
* Once you have taken your pictures in the photo booth and walked your “black cats” around the course please consider concluding your visit so there is enough time and socially distanced space for others during that time.
* Closed toe shoes are a must. Children under 5 must walk with a parent or guardian.
* Mobile Minis waivers must be filled out before entering the premises. You can do that online at: https://mobileminis.net/request-a-visit Scroll down past the “Request Visit From” until you get to the liability waiver at the bottom. Doing it online helps save trees and ink!
* Add to the fun by dressing as a black cat or your favorite costume! 😊
Thank you again for helping to support homeless pets through the Bucks County SPCA!
Attention (but not limited to) Healthcare Workers, Frontline Workers and First Responders within a 30 minute radius of our Doylestown, PA barn:
Since we are unable to do our regular visitations due to Covid-19, we want to help however we can in the community. Mobile Minis would like to offer you some free, well needed and definitely deserved pet therapy to help relieve stress and anxiety you are faced with on a daily basis. This can be done at your work place (weather permitting) or our barn (not weather reliant).
We would like to schedule a mutually convenient time where we can set up in your parking lot to offer some animal assisted therapy for your heroes. Or, you can make an appointment to come by the barn and get a little pet therapy by hanging out with the minis in the barn. Masks and hand sanitizer will be mandatory.
To schedule a visit, please click on “REQUEST A VISIT” tab at the top to fill out the two required forms. We will then reach back out to you to confirm or modify your request. There are no fees for any of our services and everything is done by appointment only.
Mini hoofprints touching many hearts!